Youth Christmas Party ~ December 7th
The One United Youth Christmas Party is slated for Sunday, December 7th in the Fellowship Center from 5-7 PM. Plan to participate in the UGLY SWEATER Contest by making your own ugly sweater. Youth got creative making their ugly sweaters at the last party.....What can YOU come up with!
There will be a lot fun and games and dancing. More details will be announced in the near future. Go ahead and mark the date on your calendars!!
IMPRINT LOVE RETREAT - Nov. 14-16
One United Youth Ministries announces the Imprint Love Retreat at Leesburg camp the weekend of November 14-16. The cost is $100 per person.
Imprint Love is the fourth retreat in a series of five retreats that bring to life the issue of living outside our own desires and seeking the desires of Christ. The pathway to our mission is to show a world where justice is sought, where compassion isn't just a feeling but an action, and where the love of Christ is lived out by loving others.
WARNING: This retreat can change the world!
To particpate, complete the registration form & camp waiver form and turn them into the Youth Office along with your payment. The group will leave on Friday, November 14th at 5:45 PM and will return on Sunday, November 16th at Noon.
Registration forms and waiver forms will soon be available. Registration will begin soon!
Imprint Trip Letter Info
We are excited you've signed up for Imprint 2014! This week at the Warren W. Willis United Methodist Camp will be a life changing experience. Below is the info that you need - please contact the student ministry office if you have any questions:
- We will load at the "F" building on Friday, 11/14 at 5:45 PM and depart NO LATER than 7 PM - You should eat supper BEFORE you come!!
- You will need to bring: Bible, Bedding (pillow, sleeping bag OR sheets & blanket), towels, comfortable camp clothes and shoes, rain jacket or sweatshirt, personal medication, toiletries and appropriate swim suit.
- Please do not bring: water pistols, fireworks, video games, pets, skateboard or sakets, tobacco or alcohol.
- You may bring your cell phone but it is your responsibility throughout the weekend & WILL need to be turned off at certain times!
- We will be staying at: The Warren W. Willis UM Camp, 4990 Picciola Road, Fruitland Park, Floirda. FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY: Call TJ at 561-312-3974.
- We will return to the "F" building on Sunday, November 16th at 12:15 PM.
Teens ~ A Place to Serve
Parents, has your student found a place to serve in the church? Your student can provide a valuable and visible service at First UMC reminding worshippers of the light and love of Jesus Christ by serving as an Acolyte (Middle School) or Crucifer (High School). It only requires a little training, an hour every few months, and you and your student can sign up online! To find out more, contact Jessica Hardy at email@example.com.